2.22.2016

Maternity Pics + PinkBlush Maternity

How did this happen? I have no idea where the time is going. I remember being pregnant with Dylan and the clock didn't seem to budge. Every second felt like an hour. But with this little guy in my tummy, it's the exact opposite. It probably has to do with the fact that I have Dylan who keeps me extremely occupied, plus school and homework on top of that.

I am 28 weeks today and it's insane, and I am now starting to get a little scared. It's starting to hit me that not only am I going to have to push a human being out of my wahoo again (insert scared and terrified emoji here), but I am also getting used to the fact that I am going to be losing lots of the sleep that I love and cherish so much. Not only was Dylan an amazing newborn and basically slept through the night from the day we brought him home, he's been amazing ever since. There have, of course, been a few nights here and there where he was either sick or scared but honestly, 99% of his life he has been wonderful at sleeping. So this is going to be a huge shift for me, and I am trying to soak up every night of going to bed and not being bothered in the night for the next 12 weeks.

But don't get me wrong, we are over the moon excited about baby boy coming to our family. Besides of the being scared part, I just cannot WAIT! I feel him all day long (and starting to feel him in the night...not loving that part so much but it's okay), and it's gotten to the point where I will be sitting or doing something and I will see my stomach all of a sudden bulge out from a kick or a punch from out of the corner of my eye, and it always startles me even though I can feel it and love it. It's so much fun. And it's so fun to see how much Dylan already loves his little brother. He talks to him constantly throughout the day, will want to kiss my tummy at least 10 times a day and give it hugs, and will even bring books and toys over to my tummy because he wants to "share with baby brother." I mean, can it get any more heart-melting than that? I die every time.

So in honor of being in my third trimester, Brett and I ventured out this passed weekend and had a little mini photoshoot of me and my growing belly. If you want to see what I looked like at 28 weeks in my first pregnancy...and I think you do because I looked like a blob (and I say that with complete confidence, I can't believe anything about that picture...the hair...the outfit...the photo editing...the weight gain!!! Ugh, you live and learn right?) you can find that post here. Feel free to laugh and be embarrassed for me back then...I am right there with you lol.

Here's to kicking off being in the third trimester!!






For this photoshoot I wore two cute maternity dresses from Pinkblush Maternity, the cutest maternity boutique and I love them both (and ps if you haven't shopped there...even if you aren't pregnant...DO IT!!!! They have such cute maternity clothes!!! Not only do I have dresses from there but I have cardigans and tops too. Such a cute place if you want to buy trendy maternity clothes :) I love the orange one because it's not a usual type of dress I would've normally chosen, but I love how I could either pair booties, wedges or heels with it. It's such a versatile piece and I love it.






And the pastel blue one...it just says Spring all over it, and we all want it to just come right?! I love the colors and how bright and Springy it is! I love both of these dresses and it was so fun get all dolled up to get my pictures taken with baby boy jumping around inside of me.

And isn't my husband an amazing photographer?? I kinda gave tips and such as we went along, and I did the editing and some poses, but he got all the settings right and posed me a little all on his own. I am a super proud wife considering he's never really done a whole lot with photography except of landscapes and usual family outings stuff. Super proud of him, I love how they all turned out :)

So since I love these dresses so much, I am teaming up with PinkBlush Maternity and giving away a $75 gift card!!! I am doing it over on my instagram, so if you don't follow me @simply___kate (there are 3 underscores there), you totally should. It's going to be going for a week. And seriously guys, you would be crazy not to enter. They have such cute maternity clothing and maternity dresses, and the price is just right on their apparel, which is awesome. So I highly recommend you enter...I am jealous of whoever wins. You will have a super hard time choosing what to buy!

No comments: