2.15.2016

Sometimes you just gotta be nerdy...


Happy Monday!! I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's weekend with your loves and got to spend some time relaxing. The husband and I had a wonderful date day/night all day Saturday and it was so dreamy.

I wish I could say we are all healthy and well over here...but we are all battling a nasty case of Bronchialitis (translation: a mini version of Bronchitis). Dylan has had it for a little over a week (and has acted like a champ the entire time), and I think Brett and I caught it from him. It hit us both pretty hard yesterday, but today it was so terrible for Brett it kept him home from work. That man doesn't miss work, especially in busy season, for anything. So you know it's bad when he does...poor guy. He's snoozing away as I type, and Dylan is still in his pjs and has been loving watching shows all day and drinking fruit juice and eating treats. He's pretty much over it, but since we both don't feel that great, he gets a day to just chill. He's in his own little Paw Patrol heaven over here.

I felt okay enough to get ready today because I had a few errands I needed to run, and I wanted to tell you guys about these nerd glasses I found that I am a little obsessed with. I have a pair of glasses that are prescription, but I lost them and I can't find them anywhere. So sad, but oh well. My eyes are pretty close to being normal so it's not like I'm blind without them. I mostly wore them because I liked how they looked, but since mine have up and walked away somewhere, I decided to get a new pair that weren't prescription. I found these baby's on Amazon right here. They were a whopping $3 and that's with shipping! The kind I have are the Leopard print. They took about 5 weeks to get here but it was so worth the wait! I love how big they are (my prescription frames were more square and a little smaller) but I am loving the roundness and neediness of these. They are fun and different, and can complete a lazy day look or a fancy look (I wore them with a sweatshirt and tennis shoes today...as lazy and comfy as they come) and I added a pink lip and I felt like it all went really well together. Not something I would normally choose but it is fun to mix things up and I liked the end result. It just adds a different vibe to the overall outfit.


Oh, I just wanted to add one more thing. Can I just say THANK YOU to all of you and your sweet comments from my last post?? You have no idea the love and support I felt from so many of you! So thank you!! Also, I have gained a lot of followers in the last few weeks, and I just want to say welcome and also thank you for following my little online journal of randomness and lifestyle living. I am trying and wanting to start to posting more, and I hope you continue reading. It's so fun to have this blog to be a creative outlet and journal. 

No comments: