1.14.2013

and that's what's new with us...

oh. my. goodness. i have had THE hardest time getting back into the swing of things around here. i don't remember ever having the holidays be so crazy that i couldn't jump right back into my regular routine after they were done. but alas, it happened this year. or should i say last year?

the holidays were so much fun. we spent tons and tons of time with both of our families, had a fun Christmas party at our house with our friends, and went away for 5 days with my family to my mom's cabin to ring in the new year. as fun as those 2 weeks of partying and craziness were, it was good to finally say hello to 2013, and come home and have a little bit to ourselves before Brett started work again, and started school. blah! he started a week ago up at the U, and his schedule is kinda miserable. Monday and Tuesdays, he leaves the house for work at 6:30am and doesn't get home until 10 on Monday, and 10:45 on Tuesday. can you say barf? poor guy. we have all had kind of a rough time adjusting to this new schedule, but luckily it's only a couple of days a week that he gets home so late. i am so proud of my man! what a guy.

i have really been slacking when it comes to getting back into the groove of my business. i don't have any sessions for a little bit, but getting myself to come back into my office and hide away for hours to edit hasn't sounded super appealing after not having to do it for a couple of weeks. but i am crawling back into the hole starting Wednesday. i have 2 weddings that are begging me to be edited. and be edited they shall. i can't wait to show those photo's off! the couples were amazingly gorgeous and fun. ah. can't wait. oh, and as a congratulations on my business getting so much business last year with so little advertising (thank you to all who referred and spread the word about me...seriously, you are sweethearts and i love you to the moon and back), i bought myself a new camera that will do wonderful things for my clients this year! can't wait to use it on all you beauties :)

Dylan is officially off bottles. can i get an amen?! seriously, i never thought the day would come. while we were at my mom's cabin over New Year's, he chewed the nipple off two of his bottles. and that was it. we started the process of no bottles then and there, and he didn't even mind. i have heard that your baby will let you know when they are ready to move on from a bottle, but with how attached Dylan was to those things, i never thought we would see the day until he started like 6th grade. but he didn't even seem to notice. it was so great. and it amazing not having to wash out bottles every other minute of my life.
but along with no more bottles, came him only napping once in the day now, instead of two. that is still an adjustment for me. it's so hard not having my 4 hours in the day to myself, and only having 2, if that. but, i am getting there. he is very fun to play with and is good to play by himself as well, so it's not too bad. i do find that we are getting sick of each other though. by the time Brett gets home from work (or school), both of us kind of take some time apart for a half hour or so. then we are both ready to play and cuddle with each other again.

i am also in the middle of a 21-day period of having to wear a heart monitor. long story short, my heart has been skipping beats at random times for quite a while, and i finally told the doctor about it a couple of months ago. so i am having to wear a heart monitor so they can see what's going on with it, and i had a ultra-sound on my heart before Christmas to see if they could find anything. no word on the results, but i am very positive about it. i'm not even worried about it really. it's more annoying than anything. i have to wear baggy shirts so you can't see the monitor and all the wires that go along with it. the only times i can take it off is when i am showering and when i'm working out (even though they want me to wear it while i workout, too bad for them. as appealing as it sounds to have a monitor bouncing all over the place while i am doing Zumba and hip hop, i'll pass). i'm only 5 days into wearing it (i got the stupid thing a week before Christmas, but being the procrastinator i am, i just started it) and i usually forget i'm wearing it. so it's not too bad. just 2 more weeks.

hmmm. am i forgetting anything? don't think so. Dylan and i get a special treat of hanging out with my mom tomorrow. if you know my mom, you know that's a huge deal. she never has time for play. she's all hard work and service, that woman. so what's the special occasion you ask? why would my mom be taking half the day off work to play with me, her favorite daughter and grandson? that's my next post. and you probably don't wanna miss it

and that's what's new with us :)

No comments: