6.30.2011

I am in love...


With this little guy! Seriously, nobody could've prepared me for how much love would consume me the first moment I saw him. And it keeps on growing. I was in labor for 22 hours, and it was SO worth every minute (after being pumped full of Pitocin and swelling up bigger than a balloon). It was the hardest but most SPIRITUAL and rewarding experience I have ever had in my life. I would compare it to my wedding day in the temple. It was that good. And it's only gotten better.
Recovery for me has been a breeze (after the first 3 days, those were awful) and Dylan is amazingly healthy. He is already almost two weeks old...tomorrow. I know it's lame that I am getting teary-eyed about it, but I can't help it! He is growing so fast!! On one hand I cannot believe we have had him here for that long, and then on the other hand it feels like we have had him here for forever. I don't remember what life was like without him in it because it's just THAT good! He is just so stinking cute and is just perfect. I want him to stay this little. But, with each day, he does get cuter and cuter, and funnier. He is so much like his momma when it comes to his facial expressions. He has about 30 different expressions he uses (no joke) and so you can usually tell exactly what he's thinking, it's hilarious! He keeps me laughing all day long. Here are some random facts about him right now:

-He sleeps through the night. He sleeps a 6 or 7 hour stretch through the night. I don't know how I got so lucky, but he has only woken me up in the middle of the night once since we brought him home. Here's to hoping that lasts...

-We have mastered Breastfeeding!! It was really frustrating at first because I wasn't sure how to tell when he was done, and not to mention how painful it was at first. But, once we got the hang of it, I have LOVED it! It's bonding time for us. I never thought I would be able to say that before because the thought of nursing totally grossed me out. Yeah, I can't imagine feeling that way now.

-The little man loves to snuggle. He needs at least a few hours of awake snuggle time every day. I LOVE it. Brett loves it. He loves it. So it works:)

-He loves his swing. Our cousins gave us a little swing to put him in when he wants to be rocked and we have our hands full, and Dylan will just sit in that thing and rock away for hours everyday. It's bright and colorful so he loves to look at all the colors and just swing back and forth.

-He has learned how to cross his eyes. It's hilarious. I am trying to get a picture of it because it's just so cute. When I do I will post a pic, it's adorable.

-He smiles! I know, they usually don't learn to smile until a month or whenever, but my mom was the first one who noticed it so I promise I'm not making it up! She noticed it the day after he was born, and he does it all the time now. Especially when he's sleeping. I just know he is talking to my dad on the other side, probably laughing at all the mistakes I have made in the last two weeks:)

-He hates getting his diaper changed unless it's right after he gets fed. After he is fed, you could change his diaper 10 times and he wouldn't care. He is so content after getting a full tummy:)

-He is starting to coo a little bit, and each time Brett and I fall in love. It's the cutest sound I've ever heard.

-He has the most adorable baby's cry I've ever heard. It's not really a cry, it's like a softened whine, and it makes my heart break every time he does it.

-He hates baths, but, he loves getting his hair washed. We bathed him a couple of nights ago and hated the bath, but when it came time to get his hair washed, he sat there and didn't make a peep and started falling asleep. Adorable.

-He has the biggest blue eyes I have ever seen, and they are GORGEOUS! Just like his daddy:)

-I am pretty sure he is annoyed of how much I kiss him because every time I do it now he glares at me. Too bad, I'm not stopping.

-The poor thing gets the hiccups at least once a day, sometimes twice.

-He has taught me patience like nobody else could. I never saw myself always wanting to comfort my baby each time he made a peep, but Dylan, man, each time he even coos in his crib I am over there in 2 seconds waiting to do whatever he needs. He's got us wrapped around his finger.

-He is our entire world, he is adorable, and he's perfect. Brett and I will say a few times a day to each other "oh my gosh, we have a baby! How did we ever live without him?" It's amazing to know that he is OURS forever!

Oh, and he doesn't like to get his picture taken while he's naked. We took family pics and his newborn pics on Saturday and we did them outside, and the poor thing almost cried the entire time. I hope she got some good ones. He did not like being but naked for an hour, but he was sure cute, and he got a mosquito bite on his bottom. Oops. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

Motherhood is AMAZING. I am so grateful this little guy is finally here and that we have him for eternity. The last couple of weeks have been a huge adjustment, but we are starting to finally get the hang of things, at least I am. Brett has had the hang of things since before he was here. He is such a natural father, it makes me fall in love with him even more. He is so willing to change diapers, rock him to sleep, get up with him in the early morning, play with him, and just hold him. I love watching them together, I could do it all day. I really got SO lucky not only in the baby department, but in the husband department. He is amazing!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

this is so sweet! your baby sounds like such a doll and a blessing in your home. congrats of finding happiness in becoming a mom!

Hilary said...

Yay! I am glad things are going so well. Doesn't sound like you should return him. ;)