5.25.2011

Baby Nursery & Baby's Name!!!

Yay! I must say that I have been longing and waiting to do this post since the day I found out I was pregnant. Nurseries are just so cute and fun!! I had a Blast shopping for it and picking out what I wanted and organizing it and putting it together. It's 99% finished, I just need to hang the Baby's Name (in wooden letters) I made last night on the wall by his crib and then we are good to go! But, since I didn't have the stuff to hang it with today, I decided to post anyways; I am just too excited!!

Okay, here we go! Get ready for a lot of pics people...



BEFORE:
(ps this is after we moved the desk and chair out, but still messy)




DURING:






AFTER:





Well, there you have it! What do you think?!?! It's not super fancy or anything, and we aren't allowed to paint the walls in our town home, but I L.O.V.E. IT! It is just perfect, and exactly what I wanted. I am so proud of Brett and myself for pulling that off in a couple of days. It literally took days. I honestly just go in there and shut the door and rock back and forth and just dream of when the baby will get here, what it will be like, and how amazing it will be.

And this is what is going to go on the bare wall the crib is against (along with a Greg Olsen painting of Christ)....




These are the same letters, just two different angles of it. And now you know what we are naming our baby...Dylan. Dylan Bradley Hancock to be exact. I have loved that name since I was about 7 years old and of course, Bradley is the name of my Dad and we just had to use it. It flows great and both Brett and I loved it and it's just stuck.

I am so proud of these letters too. I am not the craftiest person in the world but I am trying to get there. It's my first try at letters like this and I think I did pretty well. They took me a couple of hours last night, but they are SOOOOO CUTE! I heart them so much, and I hope Dylan will too:)

Can't wait for our little man to get here!!!

6 comments:

Jared and Kimberly Asendorf said...

I love Dylan's nursery!! So cute! :) Good job!

Melissa said...

So cute!! You did an amazing job :) So excited for you gorgeous!

Kylie said...

A darling name and an adorable nursery! Congratulations Katie!!

Alex and Anna said...

i love the nursery!!

Alex and Anna said...

and name of coarse =)

Brittany Moore said...

SO FREAKING CUTE! I'm so glad that you posted pics! I can't wait to meet this little dude!