9.25.2016

My week according to my iPhone...

Sunday:

Last Sunday was our first Sunday making it to our ward for the entire 3 hours of church since Levi was born...yeah, it's taken a while to get the hang of doing church with this little baby, mainly because Levi was such a terrible napper (did you see that I wrote WAS and not IS...that's because things have changed, but I'll get to that) that getting there without him wanting to either eat or sleep was nearly impossible. But, we did it last week and it was glorious. Except when Levi decided to blowout. Twice. Not so glorious then.

Monday:


 Went to City Creek with some friends and before eating, Dylan wanted to spend the money in his bank. That kiddo is a little saver! He's been saving his money since February and hasn't spent a dime. He was saving up for a giant Star Wars X-Wing (can you tell I live with all boys, I know some of the ships from Star Wars, never thought that would happen) but then his grandparents got it for him for his birthday, so he then decided he really wanted that flying Lightning McQueen. I had him think on it since that set was $30 (most of his money) but he really wanted it. He's been pleased with his purchase.

Tuesday:

I got it in my head that I must Microblade my eyebrows. I spent all evening researching and looking around for the best around here for a reasonable price. This girl is one that I have followed for a long time and I'm OBSESSED with how she does brows, but, she lives in Holden, that stinker! I am so bummed. I made an appointment with her but then after thinking about it I canceled it, because knowing that I would have to do the 2-hours-one-way drive at least twice in a 2 month period doesn't sound super appealing, especially since I'm breastfeeding and the munchkin won't take a bottle, and I can't bring him with me (unless Brett came, which of course he doesn't want to, and I don't really blame him). So, I found someone up here to do it instead. I'm super excited to get it done! Doing it will save me like 15 minutes each day doing my dang eyebrows. Very much looking forward to that.

Wednesday:


Spent the entire day in my jammies letting baby Cry It Out for his naps. That kiddo has spent his entire life needing to nurse to go to sleep (for the most part) and I just couldn't do it anymore. Not that I don't love that, but I don't love having to lay with him for 45 minutes while he naps just so he can keep sucking on something (and he will not take a binky). I tried this method exactly a month ago and it was so hard and he just didn't get it. So, we started again on Wednesday and it has gone SO well!!!!!! It was hard the first day, but he got the hang of it so fast and has been a champ. His naps were still super short this day but I was okay with that as long as he didn't need me to fall asleep.


Thursday:


Brett took a couple of days off of work this week (well technically he took the entire week off, but he worked every dang day still because he's hardcore like that. If it were me I'd be like, Bye Felicia!) and after Dylan got home from Kindergarten (and after he got his morning work done) we decided to go take a drive up the Alpine Loop before it snows up there. It was BEAUTIFUL. Like guys, I don't think I can convey how gorgeous it was in words. Seriously.Breathtaking. I felt like I was in a movie. It was just so colorful, peaceful and lovely. It started to pour rain and hail as we were on the way down out of it, and if you saw my video on Instagram of Dylan freaking out at the beach in the rainstorm, you can guess how he reacted to the rainstorm that hit our car. It was extremely loud and he was freaking out! That one time at the beach really did scar him for life, I'm sure of it. It makes me sad, because he used to love the rain before. Next time it rains and it's not too cold, I'm going to make him come out with me and we are going to play in it. Hopefully that will help ease his nerves. But anyways, it was a fun drive and so relaxing minus the 15-minute storm.


Then that night we watched the new show "This is Us." I have been waiting for this show since the beginning of Summer guys, and holy moly, it did not disappoint. I'm already obsessed! It's my new Parenthood (if you haven't seen Parenthood, run to freaking Netflix and binge watch that sucker, you can thank me later). We both loved it and I am so glad we have a new show that focuses on normal daily life to watch again.


Friday:
 

This was the first day that Levi took longer naps than 45 minutes. These are the times for his two naps that day! And this is still doing the CIO method. I was seriously dying!! We have figured out the best way for us is to feed him right before his nap, but not let him fall asleep (so he's full) then put him down awake and let him get himself to sleep. It's worked like a charm. And he's been taking that long of naps since. I honestly never thought this day would come...I think I cried a little.


Then we went to all-you-can-eat sushi that night. If you haven't been to Simply Sushi, you are missing out big time! It's amazing. I think I ate my own weight in food, but I didn't even care. So yummy!

Saturday:

This happened!! I have been wanting to do this for over a year, but was always hesitant because I wasn't sure if I'd like it, or if it would go with my skin tone or if it would damage the shiz outta my hair. Im happy to report that all my fears were for naught. I had this hair appointment set for 2 months, and up until I was literally pulling into the salon, I didn't know if I was going to do it or not. I had friends and family tell me I shouldn't, but I ended up calling one of my best friends on the way and asked her, and she was super encouraging, and that gave me the boost to do it. And I am so happy I did it! It's different but I love how it looks and love that it's a change. It was either that or cut my bangs, and I knew I'd regret the bangs after a week. So this was a good choice :) Dylan makes me feel extra great since he tells me all day long "Mom! I just love your pink hair! It's so pink and beautiful!" Lol. It's super Ariel-red in the sun, and maroon indoors, which I love.


That night I went to the LDS General Women's Conference with my mom and sister, and it was SO good! I think it's the best one I have been too. Each talk was wonderful and something I needed to hear, especially Elder Uchtdorf's. This quote from his talk resonated with me so much.


After the talk I came home (had to skip out on dinner with the girls since the babe needed to eat before going to bed) and hung out with this fella. We Netflixed and chilled :) We are in the middle of bing-watching Grey's Anatomy (my 3rd time watching, his first). It's fun when we both like the same show...it honestly doesn't happen too often (so weird he doesn't like Teen Mom or Real Housewives ;). I like that he's gotten into it, and its fun to snuggle and watch an episode or two each night before bed.

And there's my week, according to the old iPhone :) I used to do this type of post a lot, then I got busy and completely forgot about them, until the other day I was going through my blog and saw some posts like this, and thought it was fun. Just a peek in everyday life from my phone's pics.

No comments: