Levi's Fresh 48

Wow, I meant to blog this a couple days after I blogged Levi's birth story, then, as per usual these days, I totally forgot and time got away from me. Still adjusting over here to two kids, but I'm happy to report that it's actually going very well. Especially these last couple weeks, I have felt like this life is becoming routine and more mine, not just some brief moment that will end and go back to how it was before. This is my new normal and I can honestly say that I love it.

But anyways, after I delivered Levi they took us to our room and, since it was 4am when they did this (Levi was born at midnight), we got a whole 3 hours of sleep that night, without sleeping at all the night before. Needless to say I was exhausted the day after having Levi, but family wanted to come see him and I honestly just wanted to get that part over with so we could not worry about it and just have the rest of our hospital time to ourselves.

Although I was super excited for Dylan to meet his brother. I was dying for him to come. I missed him and knew he was super anxious to see us.

My mom brought him by at 10 that morning, and it was adorable seeing him react to seeing his new little brother. He was so excited and couldn't wait to hold him and give him "chisses" (how Dylan says kisses, and no I never correct it because I think it's super cute).

He loved holding him and seeing him and just watching him. It was so sweet, just like I knew it would be. He's obsessed with babies, and I knew he would be especially obsessed with one he could touch and hold. It was fun to be there as a full family of 4 for the first time. Dylan got to watch baby get his first bath and we got him a present from Levi so he would feel loved. It was a Hot Wheels track set which he had been asking for for forever so he was pretty excited that Levi got him that :)

After they left more of mine and Brett's families came, then we had the evening to ourselves. It was nice to be brought food, have ice bags for my vag made at my beck-and-call, to have a lactation consultant on hand to help me get the hang of breastfeeding, and just to hang out and not worry about the stresses of being home yet. We just snuggled on the hospital bed and stared at our sweet baby, watching him sleep and watched TV.

That night, Brett was dead set on keeping the baby in our room, which I hated, because the nurses come and bug you and the baby like every 2 hours and sleeping there was terrible. So that night we decided to let Levi go to the nursery since I had had 3 hours of sleep total in 48 hours and completely exhausted. I was very grateful we did, I slept really well except for when they came in to take my vitals. 

The next morning Chelsea from Chelsea McIntyre Photography came and did a Fresh 48 session for us! She is seriously incredible you guys. I have looked at these photos a billion times just because of how wonderful they are. She captured us with our sweet little bundle so well, I can't get over the images of it. It takes me back to being there and soaking up Levi's newness and his teeny tiny body. She documented the love we have for him so perfectly. 

Warning: Photo Overload. There were too many I loved so I just couldn't choose. Promise not all my posts will be full of 789 photos. 

Once she was done taking these we basically packed right up and went home. We were sick of being there, I missed Dylan, and I was ready to be home in my own bed and not be interrupted every 5 minutes throughout the day and night.

I am so grateful for a good experience, both with Labor/Delivery and with having a new baby to take care of. We love having Levi with us, and while it's been such a massive adjustment, we feel so extremely blessed to have him here with us and that he is ours. He is such a good baby. He doesn't take the longest naps in the world (45 minutes at a time) which I'm not used too, but other than that, he really is a very good and happy baby.

And he definitely loves to eat...he will never turn down the chance to have a meal. And I am so grateful my milk is doing so much better nutrient-wise this time around. With Dylan...oh my. The poor kid looked like a skeleton despite me feeding him all the time. I keep getting pictures of him popping up in my Facebook Memories from when he was born and the weeks after, and they make me want to cry. He was SO tiny. Levi actually looks healthy and is gaining weight well, and I am so thankful for that. I prayed so hard that I would be able to breastfeed this time around again because I loved it so much with Dylan. We just had his 2-month appointment and he is in the 40th percentile for weight and 79th percentile for height. Much better than the literal 1 percentile Dylan was :(

On another note, I am hoping to be posting more frequently now that I feel almost fully adjusted to having two kiddos. It gets easier as each day comes, which I love. I look back to when we first brought Levi home, and I really had no idea what I as in for. You really have no idea how hard and life-changing it is until you are living it.

But, despite the small hiccups we have had here and there, it's been really smooth and easy, especially now that Levi is getting on a schedule. I really am so lucky to have these boys, they teach me so much every day. Especially Dylie. He's been such a trooper through this life-change, and we couldn't be prouder of him. So grateful they are both ours forever :)

No comments: