11.01.2015

What's been going on...

Oh hey there! You probably have been wondering where I've been  you probably don't care where I've been, but I'll tell you anyways.

I survived Summer semester. I LIVED!!!!!! I know, right?! I still can't quite believe it myself. I truly didn't know if I was going to make it, especially at the end there. It was honestly the Summer from Hell. And I am not even exaggerating. Doing math all day/every day for 3 months straight is not the way to live life if you don't want to be borderline suicidal folks. Just sayin'. It was so bad. You don't even know. And there is no way I can express it in words to do it justice how awful it was. So glad it's over. So, so glad.

Fast forward to the present. I have been in Fall semester for a good 9 weeks now, and life is crazier than it's ever been before. I am taking 15 credits (my last math class, Statistics, included) and on top of those credits I am taking two internships, which are two separate nights each week. I go Tuesday and Thursdays in the morning while Dylie is at school, drive back home in time for him to get home, then I drive back down to Orem both nights to go to my internship. Then I am there most of the day Saturday for my weekend classes. Yep, I am officially and certifiably crazy. And I feel like a recluse. But somehow, as crazy as it sounds, this semester is still way better than summer was. I don't feel like I need to be in a straight-jacket so that's a good feeling. I feel super overwhelmed, and burnt-out and just want it to be over, but I'm not crying every day from wanting to kill myself. And I am also happy to report that I've been able to get back into my gym routine that I completely lost over the summer, so that's good. I go 2-3 times a week (that's all the time I have) but I am there for longer than I usually was before so its good. I lost a lot of stamina since I wasn't able to make it this summer, but it is a good stress reliever and it makes me feel healthier so that's nice. 

Dylan has been back in school which has been amazing. He loves going (he goes 4 days a week) and he is constantly telling me everything they learn about and sing about while he's there, and the littler friends he plays with. He is getting better and better with his speech and sentences. He is really starting to be better at answering questions he's asked, and using full sentences, which has been awesome to see! We are still trying to work on how clearly he talks sometimes (he likes to talk so quickly at times that you can't catch what he says) but he is improving so much and we are so grateful for that. It's awesome be be able to communicate with him almost fully! We are so proud of him. And it's so good to see him love school. I know that won't last, so I will eat it up while I can. He has been SUCH a trooper with my crazy schedule. It's amazing how patient he has been with having to drive down to Provo with me several times to meet Brett (if that's where he's working that week) or to just be good to entertain himself while I am planning lessons for my internship or doing homework or Face-timeing with study groups. He's one in a million. We just couldn't love him more or be more thankful for him.

Brett is hard at work studying for the CPA exams (1 down, 3 to go) on top of working 40+ hours a week. As hard as it is, I am SO proud of him. He is working his tail off along with being an amazing dad and husband. I don't know how he does it! He studies at least 20 hrs per week, but if it's a good week, he does 30. Can I just tell you how fun it is to not see my husband ever? It's just so great. We constantly talk about crazy our life is right now, but we need to remember it's only temporary. We are lucky some days to honestly even see each other before one of us is asleep. Some nights I don't get home until 10 or 10:30 from my internship, and the nights I'm home Brett is at the office working and studying until that late. And in the mornings I have school I have to leave at the buttcrack of dawn, Brett stays home to get Dylie off to preschool then leaves for work. I leave before they are even awake so I don't see either of them. And on the days I don't have school, Brett is up at 4:30 so he can study before he starts his workday.  It's crazy. As I type this I can't believe how psycho we are for doing this all at the same time. I'm just thankful I am crazy busy or else it would be way harder on me than it already is. And Dylie seems to take it really well too. Well, as well as you can expect. He doesn't complain, and he understands that Daddy is at work, but he doesn't love it. But, I am grateful because one of us is always here to put him to sleep. There have been 3 times this whole semester (when Brett was out of town for work) that my mom had to put him down because I was at my internship. So we are doing our best to make sure we are here to put him down and keep his nightly routines going. We call Brett throughout the day so Dylie can talk to him, and we just try to have as much family time together as possible on the weekends, even if it's only for an hour or so, or at church. 

So don't worry. This post was first titled "Halloween 2015" cause I wanted to blog about halloween, but then it turned into an update post. So I'll just leave it as is and post about Halloween in a few. I hate that I haven't been keeping up on here. I need to be better so I can remember, especially this time in our lives. It's so hard and it sucks majorly, but it will be so nice when it's all done to look back on it all and relive it and think "if we made it through that, we can make it through anything." That's how I feel right now. I don't know what I'll do with myself when this is all over. I am so used to being so jam-packed with stuff going on, that when it's all done, I don't know if I'll love it or if I'll miss it. I guess we will see next Summer :) And if you made it to this point, you are awesome! 


1 comment:

blim4evans said...

I love you so much Kate and I'm so proud of you! And I admire you so, so much! You are amazing and have an amazing family. You're my hero.